With the exception of visitors from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all other visitors to Bhutan need a visa. Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals can obtain a visa at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of 6 month validity (Indian nationals may also use their Voters Identity Card). All other tourists must obtain a visa find-bride-comments net clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent. Following are the conditions for visa application:
- Visa is only issued to a tourist who booked a tour package with local tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
- Visa application is submitted by tour operator on behalf of visitors.
- Visa is issued by Tourism Council of Bhutan in Thimphu, Bhutan.
- The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
How to get or apply Tourist Visa to Bhutan
You can’t apply for tourist Visa personally. Application has to be done by an authorized travel agent in Bhutan on behalf of you.
This is the steps which you have to take:
- Book a Bhutan tour package with a licensed travel agency
- You are required to send the photo-page of your passport http://www.paperwriters.org/ to your tour operator who will then apply for your visa.
- The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account.
- Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
- Ensure that you have a passport with at least six months validity at the point of arrival in Bhutan